Tuesday, January 29, 2008

having your cake and eating it too...



I will admit that I have a soft spot for all things organized and crafty. I am a perfectionist and find that this "obsession" (let's just be honest) helps me maintain a little order in the midst of a chaotic life. I purchase loads of home decor/lifestyle magazines like Real Simple, Blueprint, Chocolat and Domino and especially covet the few Better Homes and Garden publications dedicated to storage and organization (did I mention that this was an obsession?). In this latest issue of Storage, I discovered these totally fab ideas..so great infact that I frantically ran around my house looking for a piece of furniture to label and cupboard to paper. The baskets and the clipboards are super ideas for staying on top of the clutter (or just being the trendiest person in your office)...now you can sweep that pile of papers and whatnot from your desk right into the basket and "voila" it looks super! The lettering on the chest of drawers could be applied to anything and all you need is some rub-on letters from your local craft store. While you're there, pick up some scrapbooking paper to cover the inside of any drawers or cupboards - you don't need wallpaper or those rolls out there for the bottoms of cutlery drawers. Storage pieces can be both practical and great looking, they can transform a room instantly and inspire a sense of calm. So be creative, get inspired and have your cake and eat it too...

No comments: