Sunday, April 20, 2008

damning the floods

On Friday night, C and I and the husbands went out for a couple of bevvies at a new restaurant. All day I knew what clothes I was going to wear...a new black top sans shoulders (very sexy) and a pair of washed out skinny jeans...I neglected to think about what shoes I would wear until about 10 minutes before I left. I was dressed and pulled out my black heels (I have these great heels that I bought from Target, Isaac Mizrahi about 5 years ago for $20.00 and they still look great and continue to just be a classic black heel - super!)...I put them on and realized that my pants were total floods - arrrrgh. I needed to wear a heel with said black top in order to pull off the sexiness of fabric...I couldn't change jeans because all my long jeans are very dark denim and I have something against wearing black with dark denim - not sure why. So, to solve my fasion crisis I wore a totally different outfit...not the easiest solution as you're running out the door.

Today, I research what the heck you're to do about pant lengths and heels and have discovered you are required to have many pant lengths/styles in your closet as you do shoes. Yes, this makes alot of sense but isn't always realistic when you have a fave pair of pants. Anyhow...I now will have a new mindset when shopping for pants and trying to pair them up with my shoes. Check out these blogs You Look Fab and Friday Style for your fasion advice.

No comments: