Wednesday, April 2, 2008

don't forget about mom

I don't know who ever came up with the idea that Mother's of the Bride are supposed to wear some hideous long lace jacket and dress. Seems that's what out there for them to choose from. I think your mom needs to ask herself this question, "is that something that I would normally choose to wear?". If the answer is yes, then by all means, choose the lace jacket and dress, but if the answer is no, then it's time to rethink the outfit. For instance, my mother doesn't like to wear skirts (of course, she always wore skirts when we were young, so I'm not really sure where this comes from), so she wore a really elegant pant suit for my wedding. Here are some elegant choices from Nordstrom's.

from Tadashi


from Calvin Klein

Basically, you want to make sure Mom is comfortable, and feels as glamorous as you do (but not out shining the bride, of course!).

No comments: