Monday, May 19, 2008

wondering....

M and I are back from our weekend at camp. "Camp" is not to be confused with 'camping', like in a tent. Our "Camp" is a 30 foot trailer, with every amenity of home. We leave it parked in a site on a very nice lake for fishing, and it just happens that M has a "Camp" there as well, as do a couple other friends. It's a lot of fun, and much cheaper than a cottage! Together with the Husbands, and M's daughter G, we had a great time. There's nothing like sitting around the campfire, after a yummy meal, with a few drinks in hand, someone on the guitar with some fun songs, and great conversation. That's what life is all about people!

Though, it did leave me wondering a few things:

1. Why do I know all the words to She's Like The Wind, by Patrick Swayze? (heard while listening to the Movin' Easy station on my Sirius satellite radio)

2. I've come to the realization that while M and I try to relive our youth by drinking fruity vodka coolers, it won't make us feel like we are in high school again...just really tired the next day.

3. That Ugg's, and some may call them ugly...I beg to differ, I could definitely find uglier things to wear on my feet...are like THE best invention ever for a weekend out at camp. They are warm, easy to take on and off and, I'll say it again, they are warm.

4. That an almost 4 year old (that would be G) can give you the funniest one liners of the whole weekend!

And just in case you would too would like to try a few tasty vodka coolers yourself, here are some that M found at our local LCBO:
These Mojo drinks are totally YUM-O! They have fresh flavours like Dragonfruit, a little bit of fizz and not a lot of sweet...perfect for a summer day.

These Pomtini drinks are equally yummy, there is also one with mixed with blueberry...and it has pomegranates in it, so it has to be good for you, non?

We also had these yummy slushy vodka drinks...but I can't remember what the brand was, so I'm still searching! In the meantime, I have to go wash the lovely campfire smell out of my hair, for the second time today...

No comments: