Tuesday, June 24, 2008

new and improved



These are some pics of my newly revised entranceway. We still (or should I say I) have some more things to do...hooks for bags/hats, wall accents and a few other things but for right now I had to share my enthusiasm. I was getting frustrated because it is such a small space and with there being 5 of us in the house (yes, my parents live with us) there are shoes and keys everywhere, not to mention the dirt that collects and gets dragged into the house. I got this large yellow bin (good for summer shoes) from Walmart and though they don't have them on their website - seasonal - it was less tham 4$. The two tin bins on the stairs are for keys and mail and the container on the ledge holds suntan lotion, kleenex, hair ties, lip gloss and my daughter's hats. Along with a few beach towels for outside play we can just grab what we need and go. The last few things I mentioned were all 1$ from our dollar store. We posted about these removable chalkboard squares from Paper Source before but they were only $19.99 and this has been their 2nd home since I bought them, so they really are great. It serves as our new message board and for reminders, we each have our own square. Although I will need to be creative again for the winter this makes me very happy for now!!!

No comments: