Friday, August 22, 2008

a good laugh for the day...

I bought the new edition of Real Simple, and one of the first things I read was a little blurb they had on Daily Candy. Daily Candy is a website that you can subscribe to for free daily email on fashion, food and other sorts of things. So, they wrote in the mag about a book by Daily Candy on "Words that Don't Exist but Should" and this made me laugh all morning. These were some of them...

crappuccino - A poorly made coffee beverage that costs upwards of 4$.

mapquestionable - (C and I can totally relate to this) Word describing directions provided by MapQuest that somehow cause you to drive in an enormous figure eight.

yellular - The loudness adopted in response to a bad connection in the misguided hope that talking louder will improve it (Ok...this totally cracked me up because the husband yells when he uses his cell phone - he just assumes the other person can't hear him...too funny).

No comments: