Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oscar de la WOW!

I think I have pledged my love for Oscar De La Renta before. I just admire his classic designs that seem to take on a modern shape every season. If I could afford it, and I would wear Oscar day and night! So, naturally, I did a quick check on what's coming up for Spring 2009 in his bridal fashion. I pretty much adored everything!

image from here

This particular dress made me think of that pink dress Marilyn Monroe wore in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. You know, the one she is wearing when she sings Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend. Can you believe I had a heck of a time trying to find a picture of that dress! Seriously, it's super famous, you think it would be all over the internet.

The next dress instantly made me think of an island wedding...maybe on Capri, or somewhere on the French Riviera. When Bianca Jagger married Mick Jagger, she kind of wore a similar look...Oscar's is updated for 2009. I love it!


These next two I posted because I think they are to gorgeous to ignore. One is soft and pretty, and the other is more structured and sexy. See, Oscar De La Renta has a little something for everyone!

Which are your favorites?

:: Oscar De La Renta dresses courtesy of The Knot

No comments: