Saturday, May 10, 2008

spicey!

"LOVE her or hate her, you'd be hard pushed to ignore her," This is the perfect quote, I think, about Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice), from the April 2008 issue of British Vogue. I love her...I'm not really sure why. I think she has created this public persona that is totally different from the person she actually is. Alexandra Shulman, editor-in-chief of British Vogue, says in her article that she had no intention of running a story on Victoria, but changed her mind after meeting her. She was surprised by her good manners and warm personality. I guess Mrs. Beckham has this "hard as nails, I'm not going to smile for anything" public face...it's what keeps us coming back for more.

I saw her one episode reality show....was it called "Coming to America"? Anyhoo, I thought it was soooo funny! She has an amazing sense of humour, and easily pokes fun at herself. I also watched, via YouTube, an interview she did with David on the show "Parkinson" in the UK, and she is refreshingly sweet and genuine...she also looks great when she smiles! I will admit, she is over the top, sometimes her fashion choices are questionable (like at this year's Costume Institute Gala at the Met), but she keeps people interested. As much as some may not like to admit it, I think she does set trends with her fashion choices...hello, remember the craze for the Posh Bob? Not to mention her husband is divine!!

Not sure what made me want to write about her today, I just really enjoy her and think she's "may-jah"! Here are some more pics...from People.com.


Posh's questionable taste at the Costume Institute Gala





a casual look for Victoria

No comments: