Friday, June 13, 2008

let's dance


Giving some more shout outs to the father of the bride. Choosing a song to dance with your dad to can be a hard task. Maybe it's a song that reminds you of your childhood (Yellow Submarine by the Beatles and Elivra by The Oakridge Boys, are those kinds of songs for me, but hardly appropriate to dance to!). Maybe you want to choose a song that expresses how much your dad means to you.

A friend of our family had an awesome father daughter dance. You see, when she was small, her parents used to record her and her brother talking and singing...then they would send the tapes to their Grandmother is the UK. Well, someone dug out one of those tapes of her singing, and combined it with the original song. Of course, I can't remember the song right now, but all I know is that it had everyone in the room wiping their happy tears!

My sister M, danced to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle with my dad. He really wanted to dance to that song with her, and this was before it was a popular wedding song. We were all blowing bubbles while they danced, and it was a really special moment, because she was the first to get married. My sister S danced to Mull of Kintyre by Wings. Ooooh, that was another weepy one. It was a song we used to dance to with my dad when we were small. S went over to the corner of the dance floor and took her shoes off, and then danced on my dad's feet, just like when we were little. I danced with my dad to What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. I was crying the whole time...I basically cried throughout my entire wedding, but that's a different story all together!

I found this song called, Still Fighting by Ben Folds, through the Offbeat Bride. Give it a listen, I love the lyrics.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there...it was nice to reminisce about my Daddy with this post....I've got to go and get a kleenex now!

No comments: