Monday, June 16, 2008

pretty things

I hosted a tea party birthday for my niece on the weekend. It was a lot of fun to do some girly stuff! My colour scheme was pink and green (see the invites in this previous post). I know she's only 9, but I got excited and wanted to have floral centerpieces. This could easily be adapted to a wedding a centerpiece, and it was cheap! My local grocery story had mini carnation bunches for $7.99. One bunch of flowers made 5 floral arrangements! I used the large white paper bowl from Garnish, which was $1.10. Inside it I put a juice glass of water and arranged the flowers in the glass (I figured this way I could reuse the containers later). All in all, the centerpiece was $2.70!! You could put several on a wedding table and it would be so pretty. I printed off some menu cards, stuck them to a bamboo skewer and put it inside the arrangement. Easy!


Another idea that can be adapted to a wedding, is the small activity boxes I gave each of the girls. I filled them with some jewelery beads and cording (our activity of the day), some bingo cards and a dabber, and even some sweet treats. Wouldn't this be a great idea for the kids at your wedding reception...maybe fill it up with a colouring book, crayons and some stickers. Surely this will keep the kids busy while the parents enjoy their meal. I used the small white paper bowls from Garnish, $1 each, and the square clear hinged container, $1.50.

Now that the party is over, I must find something new to plan....any ideas?

No comments: