Thursday, July 24, 2008

time for a road trip

Now that M is back from her camping...I'll be roughing it in the car for 2 days. I'll be driving to Massachusetts to visit my sister S this weekend. It's been a while since I've done two days of driving on my own. Some would loathe the task, but I love driving! And when there is no Husband in the car, I can rock out to all the Wilson Phillips and Abba that I want. Not too mention I will see scenery like this...

::from Flickr


and this...
and this...
:: from here


I will start off with a drive along the north coast of Lake Superior (which is the first photo, and let me tell you, if you live in Canada and have not done the drive from Sault Sainte Marie to Thunder Bay, you are missing out. This is some of the best scenery you will ever see, and some great beaches too!) Head across into Michigan, get to cross the Mackinac Bridge (second photo). From there head into Ohio, for my first night stop in Cleveland. Then hit a tiny inch of Pennsylvania, and it's the New York Thru Way and Mass Pike from there. I might even leave the gas guzzling SUV at home, and ride in the more fuel efficient convertible...note to self, must remember suntan lotion and a hat...jeez, I hope it doesn't rain.

I better get my ipod charged up and my Sirius satellite radio ready, it's going to be a fun trip! What do you like to listen to on the road? I need some suggestions...

No comments: