Wednesday, August 13, 2008

are you in or are you out?


Once the giddiness of the engagement has worn off (well...hopefully it doesn't!), it's time to get to the business of planning a wedding. Before you can book a venue, you need to figure out how many people you want to invite....and so...the dreaded guest list begins! My husband is from an Italian background, he's a first generation Canadian. Let me tell you, the Italians where I live, have many traditions, most of which I love. And one of them is to basically invite anyone and everyone to your wedding. Our venue was only able to accommodate 240 people, which may seem like a lot, but in a city where upwards of 350 invitees is the norm, it's not very much. Needless to say, we ended up with 207, and I was VERY happy about that!

So if you're wondering who should make the list and who shouldn't, here are some tips via CNN. My faves are #5: Do you know my fiance? and #4: Do I have any kids?

picture from Martha...check out the fabulous forest inspired wedding here.

No comments: