Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo


It's May 5th, and that means it's my sister-in-law's birthday, but it also means it's Cinco De Mayo! And seriously...is there anything better than a cold margarita and some guacamole?? I never used to think that I liked margaritas (you know, sometimes that tequila brings back bad memories), but then, on a trip to Arizona, I had the most amazing margarita at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale. Now, we're not talking the frozen blender kind..we're talking on the rocks, and it was DEE-LISH! And wouldn't you know it...the Four Seasons also had the most amazing guacamole that they served with blue corn chips. Needless to say, for that one week, everyday at about 4pm, we noshed on guac and margaritas and it was the best time ever. Not that any of this has to do with Cinco De Mayo..but the day just got me thinking of the perfect cocktail hour!

No comments: