Wednesday, May 21, 2008

preppy love


I picked up this "collector's" edition of Martha Stewart Weddings the other day. I love Martha, but I kind of found a lack of new ideas in this one. I know it's a collection of ideas from all of her Weddings magazines, but I was pretty uninspired. However, I did LOVE the cover! Avocado Kiss is currently working on a set of invites (I promise to post some pictures soon), and the pink and green preppy combo, was my jumping off point. I know that both of these colours are pretty popular in wedding decor, but I found this particular combo really new. Perhaps it's brightness of the green and very pale pink...or the fact that it's mostly green, a brave choice!

Here are some pieces I've pulled together for this look:

inspiration palette



some floral inspiration...ranunculus, my MOST favorite flower, mixed with some green mums
ranunculus picture from here
green flowers from Hostess With The Mostess


bridal gown from Ann Taylor

suit from J.Crew

seersucker bridesmaid's dress from Thread Design

I think everything works together to create a preppy, but posh wedding. Perfect for a summer celebration, or for saying your vows on the beach!

No comments: